Ogłoszenie numer: 7329864, from 2022-08-10
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Video Editor and Social Media Assistant
Reference No.: PLCFA22-094
Under the direct supervision of the IOM Poland Communication Coordinator, overall supervision by the Chief of Mission and close coordination with IOM Regional Office in Brussels, the successful candidate will manage all IOM Poland social media accounts to reflect IOM work in Poland and beyond.
- Produce quality visibility materials for the Mission’s various programmes and activities including the Ukraine emergency response (filming and editing);
- Produce graphs, charts, illustrative maps, diagrams, icons, and graphics aligned with visual identity charts and other elements;
- Produce layouts for reports, info sheets and other publication materials;
- Assist in designing and implementing templates such as brochures, event materials, info sheets, presentations and situation reports and adapt them to other publishing software (Publisher, Word);
- Contribute to web and social media content development, internally and externally;
- Assist in developing web design mock-ups for internal and external platforms;
- Prepare “ready for production” files in line with print and web best practices;
- Keep track of relevant donor and partner brand guidelines in coordination with the Donor Relations Division;
- Assist with planning, designing and posting of social media content that will include relevant keywords for search engine optimization;
- In collaboration with the Communication Coordinator, propose and publish daily posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube;
- Assist with the implementation of global communication strategies and campaigns on social media platforms to engage with local audiences on UN priority issues and/or major events, including coordination of activities, monitoring and reporting on progress, taking appropriate follow-up actions and analyzing the outcomes;
- Support Communication Coordinator in creating of newsletter and updating the website;
- Provide specialized assistance in production and delivery of information communications products and services on social media platforms;
- Assist in organizing and implementing of social media-related campaigns and events, coordinating with diverse partners;
- Seek out for new social media trends;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Political Science, Marketing or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant experience.
Experience and Skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting an advantage;
- Proven experience in the use of all social media tools;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Creative flair and the ability to drive innovation;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Fluency in English, Russian or Ukrainian is required. Fluency in Polish is desirable.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.