We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
- VAT reporting. To review VAT, Intrastat and EC listings prepared at Warsaw VAT Team and analyse transactional postings for legislative compliance and/or errors;
- Support, Awareness & Training. To provide VAT reporting support to JTI Group companies and VAT training for JTI internal staff. To assist with the creation and maintenance of user manuals for each VAT registration prepared in Warsaw GBS. Liaison with third party advisors and fiscal representatives to maintain full compliance;
- Working relationships. To assist Entity CFOs with compliance-related issues, including audits and routine VAT enquiries. Work closely with the Global Tax team and HQ finance team to ensure any legislation changes or new business flows are implemented correctly;
- Documentation. Accountable for creation, maintenance and update of detailed transactional GBS documentation for the processes in scope to ensure Core Services are executed in line with Corporate and market local accounting requirements;
- Processes. Actively search out areas for process improvement, identify the gaps in efficiency and effectiveness and recommend the actions. Provide support to continuous improvement projects;
- Control and Compliance. Responsible to ensure JSOX/operational controls are accurately executed and evidenced. Ensure team members understand and are trained on JSOX controls; Escalate all controls failures and ensure mitigation actions are in place for each failure; Review controls on a regular basis to ensure that they still provide the level of control that is required by the business and any changes that are required are managed; Represent the team during both internal and external audits;
- Managing Team Development. Plan employees development in line with their skills and career aspirations. Monitor the development progress and make necessary corrections; Support the team in achieving established development goals; Provide constructive feedback on a regular basis, and encourage subordinates to provide the feedback to the manager; Organize and control the new employees on-boarding.
- University degree (Accounting/Finance);
- At least 5 years with government, consultancy and/or private industry experience (preferably in a Shared Service Centre/GBS multifunctional role);
- Experience in managing direct reports;
- Experience in supervising VAT/Intrastat preparations and cooperation with tax authorities/auditors/external stakeholders;
- Experience in VAT implementation projects;
- Strong command of English Language;
- Strong communication skills (especially communicating with non-native English speakers);
- Strive for professional development and be result oriented.