Would you like to be part of a team with experienced and talented colleagues and apply cutting-edge techniques to support establish an active management of model risk through rigorous validation activities? We are looking for a Senior Model Risk Analyst to strengthen our validation processes of Nordeas models for the trading book.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. You will have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. Bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you will get plenty of opportunities to grow, collaborate and make your mark on something bigger.
Welcome to Risk and Pricing Model Validation. We add value by conducting independent model validation activities intended to verify the soundness of Nordea’s models. Risk and Pricing Model Validation focuses on models used in the trading book including pricing, valuation (xVA), market risk, and counterparty credit risk. As Senior Model Risk Analyst you will play a key role in ensuring that models are conceptually sound, mathematically correct, and appropriate for intended business use.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help ensure robust management of Nordeas model risk
- Validate models in the area of pricing, market risk, and counterparty credit risk
- Ensure that models and model validation activities meet regulatory requirements
- Drive and participate in the validation of new and changed models
- Use your technical skills to apply and develop validation techniques to verify that models function well and reflect economic and business realities
- Collaborate with and challenge model owners as well as developers on design and implementation of models
- Work with highly engaged colleagues in Nordea Group Risk Management
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Nordea Group in reporting validation outcomes to senior management
You’ll join a team of experienced model risk experts, all with a strong mathematical background. The team is highly specialised and work in close collaboration with specialists across the Group. The role is based in Warsaw, Poland.
Collaboration. Ownership. Integrity. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Engage in a productive collaboration with model stakeholders
- Are a team player and also master working independently
- Are self-driven with ambition to deliver timely and high quality analysis
- Have an eye for detail, yet able to focus on the big picture
- Are innovative and thrive on challenging multidisciplinary tasks
- Have excellent skills in oral and written communication as well as in scientific writing
Your experience and background:
- Academic degree – preferably at PhD level or equivalent – in a quantitative field, such as finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics or similar from a high quality academic institution
- Full proficiency in applying econometric, mathematical and statistical models and techniques
- 8+ year experience in the financial sector working with risk models as developer, user or validator
- Strong analytical skills, and capable of applying multidisciplinary quantitative methods
- Solid experience in programming Python, MATLAB and SQL, but experience in other programming languages is also valuable
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 31 May 2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.