- You have a PhD or MSc degree in Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Data Science or related field
- You have at least 5 years of experience in model development, validation or model risk management
- You have a passion for data science as applied in the banking sector
- You have a thorough understanding of the machine learning algorithms and tooling and are able to pass your knowledge to others.
- You know how to build and validate multiple Machine Learning methods: Classification, Regression, Clustering, Unsupervised methods, Text Mining.
- You have an excellent understanding of Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks, Logistic Regression, SVM, KNN, K-Means, etc.
- You have experience in Python, R, Scala, SAS or other data science tools and platforms
- You have an excellent English verbal and writing skills
- You are enthusiastic, communicative, flexible and you are a team player
- You are transparent, open-minded and value diversity and inclusion
- Experience with the agile way of working and interests in progressing with this
- Transparency, open-mindedness and value for diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge in Parametric and non-parametric statistics is a pre.
- Knowledge in data processing Tools: Spark, Hadoop, Oracle, SQL
- Being an advocate of the “ING Orange Code”, a naturally collaborative person and team player
At ING Tech Poland and ING group we follow the Agile approach and mindset. We use flexible frameworks like Scrum and Kanban at our everyday work. We are innovative and we trust people we work with. The broad autonomy our employees have, stimulates motivation and creativity what allows us to adapt to the changing requirements of business partners. Small units called squads are the core of our organization. They have clear vision of products, overcome challenges autonomously and based on team cooperation, work out the most flexible and effective way of working.
RiskHub Warsaw was created as a part of central risk team currently located in Amsterdam. In Warsaw we are building following areas:
- Data and Tools
- Credit & ALM Risk Modelling
- Model Risk Management & Model Validation
- IT for Modeling & Analytics
Within Model Risk Management area we are building a new chapter of Data Science Model Validation (DSMV) part of Model Risk Oversight (MRO). MRO is a fast growing, energetic, international team of highly qualified Model Risk experts, Business Analysts, and DevOps Engineers. MRO is developing and rolling out the new Model Risk Management (MoRM) framework which scope covers all models used within ING Bank worldwide.
The Data Science Model Validation (DSMV) team is a chapter within the MRO tribe. We are responsible for validating data science and other non-regulatory models used by ING worldwide. By bringing in our expertise we assure that models are appropriate for intended use, compliant with internal policies and external regulations and its limitations are well understood by the organization. Our goal is to ensure a strong model validation and model lifecycle landscape within ING.
The Risk Hub Warsaw MRO team supports/guides global and local model communities in execution of the model life cycle activities, together with Global MRO team facilitates oversight, monitoring model risk, and reporting for local entities.
Within RiskHub Warsaw, we are looking for Model Validator for Data Science and other non-regulatory models to ensure continuous focus on Model Risk Lifecycle and Model Risk Management.
With the increasing attention on Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) and the development of complex models using data science techniques, ING is setting up a new validation team in Warsaw within Central MRO Data Science Model Validation (DSMV) team. This team will focus on different data science models from domains like KYC, AML, Customer Interactions and Loan Pricing. The KYC / AML models are designed to identify and detect patterns that are amongst others related to customer’s behavior, activities and transactions. This team will help ING to further mitigate the risk of financial and economic crime and risk arising from the use of other data science models across the bank.
ING’s Model Risk Management team is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. Currently, the Model Risk Management team consists of two validation tribes (Credit Risk and Market & Other Risks) and the Model Risk Oversight (MRO) tribe. The DSMV team is part of the MRO tribe and the new data science validation team in Poland will start as an extension of this team within the MRO tribe.
The responsibilities of a Model Validator
As a model validator, your key responsibilities include:
- Technical review of the models assessing the conceptual soundness and developmental evidence of a model
- Review of compliance with regulations and internal policies by performing quantitative analyses and independent testing
- Writing detailed validation reports, including a model risk assessment and a description of the validation findings
- Interact with stakeholders including model developers, senior management, ECB and other regulators, and internal & external audit
- Keep track of new developments in data science and applicable regulation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of methodologies, standards and automation
We are looking for a colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiastic for helping others to be successful and knack for always being a step ahead. You strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are an advocate of the “ING Orange Code”, and a team player who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions.
- contract of employment
type of contract
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Zajęcza 4, Warsaw
this is the location of our office
- professional development
- certificates and knowledge development
- training budget
- access to the newest technologies
- international projects
- free English courses
- provate medical care
- 50% funded Multisport Card
- bicycle parking
- chillout rooms
- integration events and Stay Fit program
- stability of employement
- fully equipped workstations