Ogłoszenie numer: 6829719, from 2022-05-06
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Under the direct supervision of Head of Resources Management, and, in collaboration with the Emergency Coordination and the Ukraine response team the successful candidate will provide support on procurement and logistics functions for the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of the Supply Chain Management functions, specifically of the Procurement and Logistics actions within the Mission and the correct implementation of the contractual agreements.
- Assist in preparing and conducting Requests for Quotations, Purchase Requisitions, Bids Analysis Summaries, and receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, making arrangements and ensuring that certain conditions of contracts are in full compliance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Assist in following up with vendors on the status of requisitions, purchase orders and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services.
- Keep requesting staff informed of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery schedule and conditions.
- Gather and maintain Vendor Information Sheet from vendors/service providers for Country Office (CO) Poland vendors for review and filing, with a focus on SAP compliance.
- Provide support in Logistics, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of programmed supplies. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate warehousing and inventory management processes in support of the country programme/project implementation. Provide accurate and complete accounting and reporting data, and make sure internal control systems are in place, and relevant records are properly maintained.
- Prepare stacking and storage plans to ensure appropriate storage, assessing availability and optimize use of space. Comply with proper IOM administrative procedures (SOPs) and standards for stock keeping.
- Ensure, through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective Purchase Orders (PO) /Contracts.
- Ensure proper storage (hardcopy and e-filling) of IOM documents and records for proper utilization.
- Assist in preparation of regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing material as required.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned.
- High school diploma with at least three years or relevant professional experience; or
- University degree, or equivalent, or higher from an accredited academic institution preferably in Business Administration, Management or Procurement with at least one year of relevant professional experience in Procurement.
Experience and Skills
- Experience with procurement functions;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and ERP;
- Experience working in EU and Polish national procurement regulations and procedures would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of and experience using SAP (PRISM FI) a distinct advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines;
- Valid driver’s license with at least three years driving experience an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Polish (written and oral) is required. Good knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian is advantage.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.