We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 87% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, eight years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
You will be part of the Global Rewards GBS Knowledge team and will be accountable for reporting and delivering in-depth insights of P&C data. This is a unique opportunity to work in a multinational environment and take part in the design of People Analytics model with “ecosystem” implementation connecting all stakeholders, delivering integrated services and advanced user experience. Moreover You will participate in a journey to implement the next generation of analytics including predictive solutions.
The People Analytics Manager uses a data-driven approach to translate clients’ questions into analytical problems. The person is responsible for data reporting, interactive dashboards development and delivering in-depth insights of P&C data. Moreover he/she takes part in cross functional projects as a data analysis support, providing relevant information and recommendations that are critical to decision-making process.
The People Analytics Manager is reporting directly to the People Analytics Group Manager based in Warsaw.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Access to free Linkedin Learning and Rosetta Stone
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
- Synthesize large data outputs into meaningful insights and business recommendations
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all people-related issues
- Evaluate and dissect people data to identify trends and recommend enhancements for core people metrics
- Delivering and developing key metric reports in a timely manner
- Creating dashboards using simple and effective visualizations that can be scaled for consumption by a larger audience
- Ensuring high quality data
- Partner with the P&C teams on people projects to identify and clarify critical people issues, deeply understand our people processes, and analyze data to drive improvement
- Establish relationships with senior management level
- Sell ideas and systems within the organization effectively
- Assisting in the design, development, testing and implementation of new or modified systems to meet changing requirements
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Data Science
- Min. 2 years + of work experience in data analytics. P&C, Marketing and Sales experience is a plus
- Knowledge of BI solutions(Power BI, Qlik, Tableau)
- Good command of Excel
- SAP, SQL and R/Python skills as a plus
- Analytical skills including problem solving, attention to detail and clear communication of complex results
- Ability to communicate analyses and outcomes to technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluent written & spoken English