JTI Poland is part of Japan Tobacco International, a leading international tobacco company. We operate in 130 countries, employ over 45,000 people worldwide and our product portfolio includes world-renowned brands such as Camel, LD, Winston and Logic, available on the Polish market.
In Poland, we employ over 2,300 employees and we are the 3rd player in the tobacco industry. Since the beginning of JTI’s operations in Poland in 2007, we have been the fastest growing tobacco company: our market share has more than quadrupled and our production volume has grown more than 10 times.
But our business, isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business. That’s why since 11 years JTI is one of the Top Employers in Poland, in 2020 being ranked number one for the second year in a row.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of an exciting project and drive transformation in the Company to ensure that internal customers around the world are getting the Best-in-class level of service.
The New Product Development Manager is leading the NPD stream withing GBS and is accountable for managing all aspects of NPD (New Product development) processes and the team, including the hiring process and knowledge management. The person will serve as an escalation point in the GBS NPD function for respective stakeholders (Brand Managers, Global Supply Chain, R&D mainly). Ultimate responsible for ensuring the delivery in high quality & timely manners of all new product and packaging developments.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- The ambitious goal to set up a new Global Business Center Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate project management process
- Escalating concerns and recommendations to management (project prioritization, etc.) in a timely manner when required
- Acting as a guardian of all innovation initiatives in terms of data quality, contingencies, project process (project schedule), and process/guidelines compliance
- Regularly reviewing all ongoing projects and providing a recommendation of immediate actions, improvements (simplifications, potential risks, etc.) regarding process and schedule
- Ensuring that all projects schedules reflect project reality, highlighting issues, and making necessary adjustments
- Assigning project schedule and organization and aligning it with key stakeholders
- Requesting bar-codes for new products and coordinating bar-codes assignment process
- Coordinating layouts approval and timely SKU creation
- Coordinating of layouts development and approval process within AMS, SKU readiness, tooling availability, track NTMs (Non-Tobacco Materials) delivery to ensure target production date is met
- Supporting Brand Managers with packaging technical requests in order to drive efficiencies and unnecessary costs and with an in-depth understanding of technical requirements
- NPD project feasibility assessment considering the lead times for different materials and manufacturing capacities
- Looking for opportunities to optimize product cost and rationalize OTC amounts
- Acting as back-up for Product Managers when required
- Training global power users on system enhancements and best practices
- Have a Bachelor/University degree in Economics, Statics or Finance
- Good Sales and Marketing background
- 5 years of experience in FMCG in New Product Development (NPD), Marketing or project management roles, with a proven track record in cross-functional projects
- In-depth understanding of the overall JTI NPD process and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management System is essential)
- Strong experience and knowledge of packaging and product development
- Proven interpersonal and people management skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of local markets assigned is a plus
- Advanced MS Office and PLM skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team management skills to coach, develop, and motivate individuals
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details