JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This is great opportunity to be a part of exciting project and drive transformation in the Company to ensure that internal customers around the world are getting the Best-in-class level of service.
Master Data Expert and reporting into the MD Team Lead, the role will be to support the TL to ensure the quality output of the Master Data Expert will be ensuring that the team delivers excellent customer service, accurate and timely processing of SRT requests.
The person will be ensuring the team process SRT requests in a methodical way, accurately and within the agreed deadlines. Assist the TL in measuring the performance of the Team collectively by using KPIs. Responsible for executing and evidencing any J-Sox controls in the absence of the MD Team Lead and ensuring compliance with regards to these controls.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
- Ensure all Master Data processing for designated markets and factories is carried out accurately and in line with agreed service levels, corporate policies and meeting the month-end and Year-end timetable
- SAP testing
- Manage Master Data customer service for Manchester markets and/or factories ensuring that the team meet their day to day operational needs, preparing the customer newsletter each month
- Help developing Master Data Associates to take on additional responsibilities within the team
- Facilitate and provide interdepartmental training, communicating with relevant departments to organise
- Identify areas for process improvement and manage the implementation sharing the best practice
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects (e.g. integration, new policy/system implementation, SRT system change request testing, SAP testing, etc.)
- Responsible for training within the team, both new starters and cross functional training
- University degree or equivalent
- Educated to GCSE Standard. Preference for candidates pursuing accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/AAT or equivalent)
- 2+ years experience of working in Financial Accounting department in an international environment
- SAP R3 (FI/MM) Knowledge essential
- Excellent Microsoft Excel data manipulation skills and must be competent with all other Microsoft Office programs
- Strong command of English (oral and written). Knowledge of languages of the markets in scope preffered
- Strong interpersonal skills with a good technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team management skills to coach, develop and motivate individuals
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Well organized and detailed oriented