Location: Bydgoszcz / Warszawa
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect. Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. We are looking for a Junior Packet Core Engineer - specialized in IP and Packet Core - to join the Services Business Unit of Cloud and Network Service (CNS).
- VNF/CNF deployment and integration within area of vEPC and 5G Packet Core on baremetal, openstack/vmware and Kubernetes clouds.
- Cloud Mobility Manager (SGSN/MME/AMF) and Cloud Mobile Gateway (SPGW/SMF/UPF/ePDG) configuration and testing on customer and lab networks.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving on networking, cloud and VNF/CNF level.
- Packet Core network optimization based on KPI analysis and customer request.
- Integration, deployment and testing activities on customer projects, solution verification in lab and customer networks by execution of acceptance testing.
- Proactive attitude and deep engagement in problem solving related to analysis of configuration, logs, collected traces from network interfaces.
- Sharing and transfer of knowledge to/from the colleagues in other regions, and the CNS community.
Candidate Profile / Skills / Qualifications
- Telecom or IT Engineer
- Good Linux knowledge,
- Python or C/C++ or Java programing skills
- English is the language commonly used in all internal and external relationships, must be mastered, both spoken and written.
- Teamwork spirit, participation and facilitation of working groups and presentations, good interpersonal skills for customer services are also expected skills.
Nice to have:
- One or more virtualization skills: KVM, openstack, vmware or containerized solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- IP protocol knowledge including IP/MPLS, IGP, BGP, RSVP, LDP.
- Suppliers certification (Nokia SRC, Cisco, Juniper) are highly recommended, priority given to Nokia SRC certification.
- Mobility for short missions from few days to few weeks (max 3 weeks / quarter)