JTI Poland is part of Japan Tobacco International, a leading international tobacco company. We operate in 130 countries, employ over 45,000 people worldwide and our product portfolio includes world-renowned brands such as Camel, LD, Winston and Logic, available on the Polish market.
In Poland, we employ over 2,300 employees and we are the 3rd player in the tobacco industry. Since the beginning of JTI’s operations in Poland in 2007, we have been the fastest growing tobacco company: our market share has more than quadrupled and our production volume has grown more than 10 times.
But our business, isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business. That’s why since 11 years JTI is one of the Top Employers in Poland, in 2020 being ranked number one for the second year in a row.
This position exists in Poland for managing a large volume of key operations for our Global Employment Company (GEC) in Geneva - JTI Services Switzerland SA as employer of our International Assignees and as well for JTISA, our HQ company in Geneva.
This person is responsible for managing the End-to-End process for services provided by various suppliers in the area of Compensation & Benefits. He/She will collaborate closely with those suppliers. One main objective of this position being to ensure those costs are appropriately and timely recognized in both Swiss entities and ultimately paid as per term and conditions. The last step for those operations being the booking of those costs for Financial reporting.
The incumbent also works closely with the other members of the Corporate C&B Finance Team to support and replace them when necessary and especially in the area of complex activities like the management of salary interface and its accounting process for both Swiss entities covering the local employees and assignees based in Geneva.
The ultimate objective of this position is to maintain and deliver solid Financial reporting, ensure compliance with IFRS and Swiss GAAP, JTI accounting policies and JSOX framework as part of the monthly, quarterly and YE close.
- Competitive pay and attractive annual bonus.
- Creating new business structures for Global Business Center Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders.
- On-going development opportunities in multinational environment, wide variety of projects, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them. Promoting from within culture.
- Freedom with responsibility (we trust your competencies, ability to manage your time and your scope of work).
- Lot of flexibility in terms of work arrangements (work from office or from home).
- Private medical care (various options to choose) and life insurance.
- Employee pension and savings programs.
- JTI Family Leave Benefit – including extended paid paternity leave and fully paid maternity leave.
- Multisport card, foreign languages classes.
- Wide variety of trainings, webinars and professional courses on our e-learning platforms, including sponsored certification programs (for employees fulfilling the admission criteria).
- Modern office with traditions (Art Norblin Factory) in convenient location, equipped with a library, mindfulness zone, spacious kitchen, garden terrace, massage chairs and underground bicycle parking.
- Working in a diverse and inclusive organization of 33 different nationalities.
- University degree preferably in economics and finance with very good knowledge of Accounting.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a Finance Function of a multinational company or in a Big Four with audit background. Good experience with SAP Finance and strong Excel skills are required.
- Fluent in English (written and oral) a must. Some good knowledge about French a serious asset.
- This is a Finance role that requires accuracy, very good accounting knowledge, analytical skills and technical knowledge/strong interest in IT systems. Ease with large volume of data and tasks to manage with tight deadlines to ensure ultimately compliance with international accounting standards and requirements with all audit controls. Strong competence in setting priorities, customer orientation/interpersonal skills with solid communication skills. Pro-active, autonomous but good team oriented, very well structured and organized together with strong attention to details.
- Must adhere to highest confidentiality standards, i.e. not only treat data confidentially but being able to emotionally detach what he/she sees from his/her own personal situation.
Purchase Requisitions, Invoice Processing and Accounting :
- Responsible for managing Administration and Accounting and its End-to-End (E2E) processes linked to the Purchase requests for JTI Services Switzerland SA (Global Employment Company for our Expatriates/Assignees) and JT International SA (JTI HQ Company) in the area of Compensation and Benefits. For example, the scope includes purchase of services from our Global Tax consultant and from our Global Relocation provider for our Assignees based in Geneva (HQ).
- Ensure first that Purchase requests (PR) are handled in a timely manner and that procurement is done at the best equation quality/delivery time /cost center.
- Create and submit PR in myShop/SAP, communicate Purchase orders (PO) to vendors when necessary.
- Manage and book Good receipts (G/R) timely in alignment with the Business and based on when the services have been provided.
- Process invoices and do the necessary follow-up by checking billing details and value date of payment, ensure accurate cost allocation (markets / cost center) and timely payment. When all criteria’s are met; request the vendor to submit invoices to AP Team at GBS for payment.
- Some invoices require to be submitted manually via AP01 system, note that the same verification process are required to ensure proper payment. On a monthly bias reconcile initial G/R done vs all invoices booked and analyze variances and communicate with the Business to adjust if necessary. Finally ensure payment are properly allocated against the invoices. Maintain PR request file for PO modification.
Management of salary interface / accounting for JTISA HQ Payroll in Geneva and for JTI Services SA Global IA Payroll (for Assignees)
- Support, replace (act as back-up) when necessary some members of the Team for managing the interface for both Payrolls with in scope Salary & Fringes, Short term incentive, Rent for Assignees and Personal Taxes (checks, booking and reconciliation) including close collaboration with Payroll provider for any changes with HQ Payroll or Global Mobility Team in Poland for Global IA Payroll.
Bank Payment Orders
- Prepare in collaboration with Global Rewards/Benefits Team monthly payments for some international benefits via JTI Services SA banks. Submit files for review and approval with transactions and detailed information. Process any other ad-hoc requests such as payments to tax authorities requested by our Global Tax consultants.
Global Compensation Management reporting and Schooling processes for Assignees
- Connected to the responsibility of managing the process of Purchase requests, provide to our Global Tax consultant (for compliance work) the costs relating to moves and respective long-term storage (shipment and storage of Households Goods) and other taxable benefits for International Assignees based in Switzerland on a monthly basis.
- Prepare detailed analysis to support reclassification of prepayments for schooling based on information provided by the relocation team and allocate on a monthly basis the schooling costs to the appropriate cost center.
Support his/her Line Manager and/or Corporate C&B Finance Controller Manager
- Provide ideas and/or support his/her Line Manager and the Corporate C&B Finance Controller upon request on day-to-day activities and projects for continuous improvement in C&B Operations processes & systems to ensure we have the best in class technology solutions and robust processes which should bring speed, simplification and standardization to reduce bureaucracy and to limit time and efforts for the team.