Ogłoszenie numer: 7396284, from 2022-09-09
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Reference No.: PLCFA22-045
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator and overall supervision by the IOM Chief of Mission in Poland, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of the Labour Migration and Human Development Programme activities in Poland. The Infoline Assistant will be mainly responsible for providing information to migrants and employers on foreigners’ rights and obligations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide information to migrants and employers via Infoline on migration-related matters, in particular rights and obligations of foreigners in Poland.
- Record relevant data into the Infoline data base.
- Organize information meetings for migrants about migrants’ rights and obligations in Poland.
- Prepare materials which will serve as resources for Infoline and other Programme activities such as information and promotional materials, review of laws and training materials.
- Assist in preparing information for webpage and social media and assist in maintaining the webpage updated.
- Cooperate with the Programme team with regard to updating information on the basis of inquiries from beneficiaries.
- Prepare reports on the Infoline operation.
- Assist in preparing the project’s reports and documents.
- Assist in the implementation of other relevant activities within the Programme such as the integration project activities promotional campaign, trainings and workshops for migrants and local institutions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Science, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school graduate with four years of relevant professional experience
Experience and Skills
- At least one year experience in providing information assistance to foreigners on legal matters;
- Experience in customer services will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the legislation and procedures related to legal stay and work of the foreigners in Poland
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide information in clear and consistent way
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluency in Polish, English and Russian or Ukrainian (oral and written) is required.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.