We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
The Lease Accounting Expert is the part of the Lease Accounting Team acting as an expert for the lease accounting process and ensuring compliance with the new IFRS 16 standard for JTI globally.
- Transactional Core Service delivery. Identify new leases and actively communicate with the local entities and HQ functions to perform the accounting assessment under IFRS 16;
- Monitor the current lease population to proactively process any termination/change in leases. Ensure lease calculations are posted monthly into SAP and payments calculated by the system are properly matched;
- Assist the GL Team Leads to ensure that all Lease Accounting departmental month-end activities close with adherence to the Global Closing Schedule;
- Expert Tasks. Assist Team Lead to manage the governance process & related controls;
- Identify training gaps and provide continuous SAP and process training to GBS Accounting and Finance team to enhance other knowledge of the processes and system matters;
- Provide expert advice on relevant SAP modules to both internal and external customers, provide a possible solution;
- Process Improvement. Responsible for embedding continuous improvement mindset across the team, leading Specialists in completing projects to improve processes within the remit of department/team;
- Request software system modifications needed for any changes in IFRS/local requirements and to drive enhancements. Ensure change is compliant, understood, communicated, and documented across the team and with our customers;
- Control and Compliance. Perform the assigned JSOX/operational controls following the internal documentation; Escalate all controls failures and ensure mitigation actions are in place for each failure;
- Support business documentation checks. Be responsible for coordinating change requests for process improvements, coordinating regression testing/period end testing on an annual basis ensuring the team has sufficient trained power users to support global testing requirements.
- University degree (Accounting or Finance);
- At least 3 years’ experience in a multinational company (preferably in a Shared Service Centre multifunctional role (i.e. AR/AP/CM/GL);
- Knowledge of Lease Accounting (IFRS 16);
- Strong command of English Language (oral and written);
- Proficient SAP Power User;
- Proficient Microsoft Excel user;
- A professional qualification of ACCA, CPA, etc. is a plus;
- Knowledge of SAP 4 HANA and Lease Accounting by Nakisa is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service;
- Supportive of Team objectives;
- Influencing and supporting others.
If you decide to participate in this recruitment, the administrator of your data will be JTI Polska sp.z o.o. with headquarters in Stary Gostków. Your data will be processed only to support the recruitment process in which you participate. Detailed information on the processing of your data and your rights can be found here.