Ogłoszenie numer: 7838967, from 2022-12-28
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Human Resources Assistant
Reference No.: PLCFA22-025
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and Resources Management Officer in Poland and direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer or Senior Human Resources Assistant, and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions and support the operations of the USRAP hub in the country office, sub offices and related units.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination of recruitment processes, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Terms of Reference, drafting and posting Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates’ assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
- Carry-out and coordinate pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry On Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams and follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Services (Manila or Panama) on medical clearance, coordinate enrollment in insurance plans as appropriate, coordination and delivery of induction sessions, arrangement for security briefing, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; verify eligibility for allowances and other benefits, monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements, and initiate prompt actions and generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Perform the role of Time-keeper in PRISM; monitor, maintain, update and reconcile leave quotas based on supporting documentation; generate, edit and analyse leave-related reports; respond to questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
- Carry-out a wide range of Human Resources actions, including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases, etc. and coordinate with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate.
- Prepare all reports on personnel matters and submit timely to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.; open and update personal files, create and maintain a systematic way to archive Human Resources documents (electronic and hard copies). Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with the Staff Evaluation System and follow-up with staff and supervisor as needed; facilitate compliance by providing technical guidance on the use of the system.
- Organize Human Resources events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records.
- Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard inquiries and refer the most sensitive/complex ones.
- Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices.
- Participate in inter-agency Human Resources related working groups as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with three years of relevant professional experience.
Experience and Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems will be a distinct asset.
- Experience working with the United Nations or other international organizations will be an advantage
- Fluency in Polish and English (oral and written).
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link (https://www.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl486/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf)
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s),
professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.