Ogłoszenie numer: 7670643, from 2022-11-21
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Human Resources Assistant
Reference No.: PLCFA22-024
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management and the direct supervision of the Senior Human Resources Assistant, the successful candidate will provide support in HR and personnel administration functions for the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support recruitment processes by coordinating the publication of Vacancy Notice, receiving and sorting applications, arranging interviews and tests, preparing all the required documentation and materials, sending communications to candidates, contacting previous employers for reference checks and any other related activity as assigned.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR, paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Maintain orderly personnel files of staff, instructions, bulletins and other documents in the Human Resources Unit (electronic and/or hard copies).
- Assist in the retrieval, drafting and formatting of reports, letters, notes and other Human Resources-related correspondence as directed.
- Carry-out pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry On Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, and coordination of EOD requirements as per set IOM guidelines, including but not limited to coordination of EOD medical exams, coordination of orientation sessions, arrangement for security briefing and medical examinations, creation of personal file.
- Perform the role of Time-keeper in SAP; maintain, update and reconcile leave quotas based on supporting documentation; generate and edit leave-related reports; respond to general questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in SAP.
- Prepare all reports on personnel matters and submit timely to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.; open and update personal files, create and maintain a systematic way to archive Human Resources documents (electronic and hard copies). Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
- Conduct separation, classification, reclassification and promotion processes by collecting necessary documentation, drafting forms, making basic calculations, obtaining approvals and coordinating with relevant units in the Regional Office and Administrative Centers.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding Human Resources policies, instructions and procedures.
- Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard inquiries and refer the most sensitive/complex ones.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma with three years of relevant working experience; or,
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or relevant fields from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant working experience.
- Master’s degree in above fields an advantage.
Experience and Skills
- At least one year work experience in a similar role;
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage;
- Familiarity with local employment legislation and requirements;
- Previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
- Strong work ethics and commitment.
- Fluency in Polish and English (oral and written) is required.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.