Would you like to develop a new and reusable data pipeline from stream and batch data sources into data warehouse and big data platform, including BI/analytical solutions to internal Nordea Trading Technology business units? We are now looking for an experienced Data Engineer to Business & Institutional Technology cluster. Your technical expertise will include general software engineering, database and Data Warehouse as well as big data/streaming analytics.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
As a Data Engineer, you will work closely together with the business product owners, business stakeholders and other developers in scrum team to understand and analyse the business needs from which you will design and implement the end-2-end solution architecture for data & analytics platforms.
You’ll join Databases and Reporting Department, where we are delivering the future Data & Analytics platforms and solutions for Nordea Business & Institutional Technology. We deliver on multiple data platforms (Oracle and Hadoop) as well as on many enterprise and self-service data integration and analytical platforms.
What you’ll be doing:
- End-to-end data & analytics solution design and implementation
- Developing jobs for Trading Data Warehouse, using Java, Spark, Python and potentially Scala in the future
- Developing data ingestion, data loading, data transformation processes
- Developing SQL scripts to analyse and validate various data products
- Data Streaming / data integration: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Oracle
- Actively cooperating with Product Owner, Solution Architects, Analysts, Testers, Developers and Operations
- Working in DevOps Agile Team
The role is based in Gdańsk, Gdynia or Warsaw.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best andthat we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind
- love learning and trying new things
- are excited about bringing your ideas to the table
- are honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others
- are passionate about doing a great job
Your experience and background:
- experience with Java and/or Python, SQL
- software engineering skills in CI/CD, TDD, Unit Testing and E2E Testing
- worked with Docker, and knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus
- experience in streaming, e.g., Kafka
- experience in Spark, Hadoop and distributed systems
- good knowledge and experience with data warehouses, business intelligence (BI) & analytics as developer
- some understanding of system analysis, design, and software development cycles
- strong communicator with business stakeholders and distributed global teams
- worked or are open to work in an Agile environment
- Experience with Trading / Capital Markets area is a plus, but not required
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 31/11/2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/privacy-policy.2021.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.