JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This role would allow significant potential for both personal and professional development, combined with interesting and challenging work.
Given its technical accounting requirements and potential for development, the role offers true opportunities to further take on additional responsibilities within the team in Warsaw or abroad for engaged and committed applicants.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
TThe Corporate Reporting Analyst works as part of the Warsaw Reporting team within the Corporate Accounting Team. The Corporate Accounting team is ultimately responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of the JTI Group IFRS Financial Statements subsequently reported to the parent company JT (Japan Tobacco), based and listed in Tokyo.
- Monthly/Quarterly subsidiaries IFRS reporting package
Responsible for the collection, quality control and processing of reporting packages submitted by the different subsidiaries.
- Quarterly Group IFRS reporting
Responsible for collating subsidiaries submissions and preparing critical areas of the JT consolidated financial reporting package. The role is key as the incumbent will have to guarantee the completeness of JT requirements in terms of IFRS financial disclosures.
- Other reporting and process improvement
Assist in the Country By Country Reporting process and other Corporate Accounting reporting. Identify gaps in data quality, processes, the accounting manual, JSOX/ other financial controls.
- Internal controls (JSOX)
Ensure that all assigned JSOX controls are satisfactorily executed and evidenced. Participate in the identification of new more efficient / effective JSOX controls.
- External audit
Support the Corporate Reporting Lead Manager during the audit fieldwork each quarter resolving any audit issues specifically on the quarterly reporting packs.
- Projects / cross-functional support
Support and participate in any ad-hoc projects and tasks as delegated by the wider Corporate Accounting team (Warsaw & Geneva)
- In addition, the Corporate Reporting Analyst will have the opportunity to assist in the preparation of the monthly financial consolidation of the JTI group reporting within SAP Business Consolidation System.
- University degree in finance
- Studying for an accountancy qualification
- 2+ years experience working within an accounting function. Experience in big four or accounting firm with a similar size is a plus
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Financial accounting experience (IFRS/US GAAP knowledge is preferable)
- Experience/understanding of group consolidation
- SAP knowledge preferable
- Good MS Excel knowledge