JTI Poland is part of Japan Tobacco International, a leading international tobacco company. We operate in 130 countries, employ over 45,000 people worldwide and our product portfolio includes world-renowned brands such as Camel, LD, Winston and Logic, available on the Polish market.
In Poland, we employ over 2,300 employees and we are the 3rd player in the tobacco industry. Since the beginning of JTI’s operations in Poland in 2007, we have been the fastest growing tobacco company: our market share has more than quadrupled and our production volume has grown more than 10 times.
But our business, isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business. That’s why since 11 years JTI is one of the Top Employers in Poland, in 2020 being ranked number one for the second year in a row.
This position exists in Poland for managing most of the processes connected to Compensation & Benefits Operations of JTI SA (HQ) from a Finance perspective which includes a full visibility and understanding of complex local and global End-to-End (E2E) processes and controls under JTI SA driven by numerous Finance activities such as Planning, Accounting, Reporting and Controlling. This position reports to the Corporate C&B Finance Group Manager in Geneva.
The incumbent will collaborate with various Finance Teams within the JTI Finance Function such as JTI SA Finance Team, Corporate Accounting, Financial Performance/FP&A, Global Functions and with external consultants like our Group Auditors and our Global actuaries in the context of post-employment benefits plans for JTI SA and JTI Services.
The objective of this position is to maintain and deliver solid Financial reporting, ensure compliance with IFRS, JTI accounting policies and JSOX framework. in the context of monthly, quarterly and YE close and numerous planning cycles. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure no findings in his/her C&B areas during the Financial Audit of JTI SA.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
- JTI SA C&B Operations for more than 1,000 employees based at HQ - Finance processes.
- JTI SA - E2E processes for the vast majority of the C&B processes and accounts covering preparation of bookings for our GBS in Poland, controlling, preparation of reports for the CFO of JTISA. Main operations can cover local and global processes like : local incentive, global incentive for JTISA and all other entities/markets , Vacation accruals, Termination Benefits, various post-employment benefits plans, Schooling for International Assignees (IAs) hosted by JTI SA, Personal taxes management for IAs hosted by JTI SA with Deloitte, (Tax at source vs tax return, tax provisions by our Payroll provide, tax payment request from our Global Tax consultant follow-up on open taxation, provision with no payment, etc.), I/C transactions for C&B costs including its review, validation, communication), various EE benefits like :Swiss Pension Fund, social securities, Tax at source, Sickness, Accident, Risk insurance, Employee Share Purchase Plan, etc., Salary advance to EEs. Cash management/Reconciliation for Bank accounts + Controls (Swiss SOX) linked to all those processes, active participation into the Financial Audit, with our Group auditors etc.
- Salary Interface linked to JTI SA HQ Payroll in Geneva for Salary & Fringes, Local incentive, Rent for IAs and Personal Taxes (checks, booking and reconciliation) + close collaboration with Payroll provider for any changes with HQ Payroll.
- Management and Administration of local Benefits (detailed checks, booking and reconciliation) linked to Finance processes and Payroll management (AVS, Pension Fund and various insurances) like management of payments, invoicing, cash transfer, analytics, FX clearing, etc.).
- Entity forecast (Balance sheet, Income statement and FCF) for various planning cycles for all C&B areas. Analytics and reporting.
- Act as a back-up for certain activities for the role of Corporate C&B Finance Group Manager and/or for C&B Operations Finance Manager of JTI Services (Global Employment Company).
- Provide ideas and/or support his/her manager upon request on day-to-day activities and projects for continuous improvement in C&B Operations processes & systems to ensure we have the best in class technology solutions and robust processes which should bring speed, simplification and standardization to reduce bureaucracy and to limit time and efforts for the team.
- University degree preferably in economics and finance with strong expertise and knowledge of IFRS in the area of Compensation & Benefits operations (a must). Qualification like ACCA in progress or close to start.
- Min 7-8 years’ work experience, with audit background (preferably Big Four) or in a multinational working environment. With solid experience in a Corporate Finance Function. Solid experience with SAP Finance and strong Excel skills are a must
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) a must.
- This is a Finance role that requires accuracy, strong accounting knowledge, analytical skills and technical knowledge/strong interest in IT systems. Ease with large volume of data and tasks to manage with tight deadlines to ensure ultimately compliance with international accounting standards and requirements with all audit controls. Strong competence in setting priorities, customer orientation/interpersonal skills with solid communication skills. Pro-active, autonomous but good team oriented, very well structured and organized together with strong attention to details.
- Must adhere to highest confidentiality standards, i.e. not only treat data confidentially but being able to emotionally detach what he/she sees from his/her own personal situation.