We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
This is great opportunity to be a part exciting project and drive transformation in the Company to ensure that internal customers around the world a getting the Best-in-class level of service.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
- Ensure efficient delivery of services to all stakeholders (entites, regions, employees) in line with agreed Service Level Targets
- Provide quality and timely end-to-end service addressing employee needs across all P&C areas in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain employee lifecycle events according to the corporate and local guidelines in SAP HR and local payroll, benefits and other in scope systems
- Prepare documents and certificates
- Support employee enrollment into relevant benefits plans
- Ensure data and documents readiness for payroll run
- Prepare reports
- Support and promote deployment of agreed communication and service delivery channels
- Identify areas for process improvements and standardization
- Capture and document new procedures, provide process improvements ideas
- Updates existing instructions to accommodate system and process changes
- University degree (Bachelor, Master)
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages would be an asset
- 2- 3 years experience in a multinational organization in a similar role
- Experience in an administrative role
- Profound knowledge of HR Administration and Organizational Management processes
- Understanding of Payroll needs, Statutory reporting requirements, etc. is a plus
- SAP HR knowledge is highly preferred
- Strong Customer Service Mindset
- Understanding cross-cultural sensitivity
- Lean / 6-Sigma methodology knowledge is a plus
- Excellent team player, open minded and flexible approach
If at the same time you are true team player, open minded, flexible and you want to be part of something unique - you have found the right place to be.
Join the idea.