Ogłoszenie numer: 7396269, from 2022-09-09
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Career Counsellor (Profiling and Counselling)
Reference No.: PLCFA22-096
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant and overall supervision by the Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible to conduct structured career counseling sessions and ad hoc support to promote the inclusion of project beneficiaries in the labour market.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Conduct one-to-one or small group sessions with beneficiaries;
- Assess the educational and professional background of beneficiaries;
- Support beneficiaries to set realistic career goals and develop respective achievement plans;
- Evaluate beneficiaries’ skills and interests through aptitude assessments, interviews and individual planning;
- Organize the participation of beneficiaries in events and trainings aiming to promote their employability prospective;
- Liaise beneficiaries with available training opportunities and other educational courses;
- Contribute to the expansion of the network with private employers and coordinate with other relevant colleagues for liaising of project beneficiaries with prospective employers;
- Contribute in the organization of employability related events, trainings, workshops to various target groups;
- Collaborate with other project staff, as applicable, to ensure smooth implementation of project activities and effective liaison with labour offices and other stakeholder;
- Support in the liaison and coordination with Local Authorities;
- Develop reporting and evaluation tools, submit progress and ad hoc reports;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma with six years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree and/or higher in Psychology, Social Work, Law, Economics, or any other related field; postgraduate diplomas or relevant trainings in the field of career counselling will be considered an advantage
- Experience in counselling methods, especially in relation to career counselling;
- Experience in recruitment procedures,
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in writing reports;
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Very good knowledge of the legislation and procedures related to recruitment of third country nationals in Poland, including labour rights;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Good level of computer literacy;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
- Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Fluency in English, and Polish is required. Fluency in Ukrainian and/or Russian is desirable.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.